Thursday, July 30, 2009

There Will Be A Day

My favorite Christian artist is Jeremy Camp. His music to me is so heartfelt. His writings express how his heart feels and how God has taught him lessons in life through trials such as the death of his first wife to cancer. They were both in their early 20’s and had only been married less than a year.

I know that I’ve been taught many lessons this past seven (7) months of 2009. The passing of my Dad, my eye issue, job issues, other health issues and even a car accident has taught me that no matter what, our Lord is still in control. I really feel that he allows these things to happen to us to strengthen us for future events that only He knows about. I also believe that trials help us get ready for our passing into the kingdom of heaven one day.

I remember the last week of Dad’s life that he was praising his Lord as much as he could. Every time I hear the song “There Will Be A Day” by Jeremy Camp, I think of Dad’s journey. Dad knew that the Lyrics that Mr. Camp wrote are so true. They are:

There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain and no more fears. There will be a day when the burdens of this place, will be no more, we’ll see Jesus face to face. But until that day, we’ll hold onto Him always.

Dad knew that. Dad knew that one day all of the pain, tears and fears will be gone! However, he also knew that until that day, he would need to serve his Lord as savior to the best of his ability.

I also knew that Dad had a longing to be in heaven. Once again, the same song has that same sentiment. The bridge of the song says:

I can’t wait until that day when the very one I’ve lived for always, will wipe away the sorrow that I’ve faced. To touch the scars that rescued me from a life of shame and misery, O, this is why… this is why I sing!!

Can I get an AMEN!

I know that one day, I will be in heaven. I will get to see my Dad, aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. But the real reason I have a longing to get to heaven is not to see those guys again; although that is going to be so great! But it’s to see Jesus face to face. To touch those scars that rescued me from a life of shame and misery; to thank Him and praise Him for being my Savior.

Now that deserves an AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment