Friday, September 25, 2009

Feel The Urgency

I know that there are hundreds of writers on this planet that could write this blog better than I can, and there are thousands of articles on this issue. However, God has placed on my heart to write this entry. Never before in my life have I ever had the urgency to say something. Now, for those of you who know me say, “Yeah right, you talk all the time”. THIS IS DIFFERENT!! I PROMISE!

Never before in history should Christians stand up and proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Colossians 4:5 says “live wisely among those who do not believe and make the most of every opportunity.” Why now you ask??

The majority of the prophecies that the bible spells out to us have either already been fulfilled, or being fulfilled right before our very own eyes. For example, take a look at the European Union (EU). Daniel Chapter 2 describes the revival of the Holy Roman Empires thus whom Jesus will come and destroy. This is the EU.

Scholars say that the Anti-Christ will come out of this revived Holy Roman Empire. The top runner for the “Permanent” President of the European Union is Tony Blair, former Prime Minister of England. Now, I’m not smart enough to say, nor have the education to proclaim that he is the Anti-Christ. I’m just saying it is possible that he is. He’s the Middle East Envoy for peace, he’s inspected a Jerusalem palace as home for his peace envoy role, and he’s lobbied for the World Bank and for its top position, and expressed interest in a one world faith!

Now, get this. Wednesday, September 23, 2009, in my opinion marked a very dark day in American history. A day that, I feel will be marked as the day that God will keep His promise in Genesis 12:3 “I will bless those who bless you (speaking about Israel), and whoever curses you I will curse; and all of the peoples on earth will be bless through you.” President Obama spoke at the United Nations on September 23, 2009, and this is what he said:

“The time has come, to re-launch negotiations without preconditions that address the permanent status issues: security for Israelis and Palestinians, borders, refugees, and Jerusalem. And the goal is clear: Two states living side by side in peace and security, a Jewish state of Israel, with the true security for all Israelis…”

That sounds all fine and like the world Mary Poppins would live in, but let’s finish the sentence. He continued by saying:

“…and a viable, independent Palestinian state with contiguous territory that ends the occupation that began in 1967, and realizes the potential of the Palestinian people.”

Prior to this statement, he said:

“We continue to call on Palestinians to end incitement against Israel, and we continue to emphasize that America does not accept the legitimacy of continued Israeli settlements.

Again, I’m not scholar, but to me, it sounds like the President of the USA said that we no longer recognize the legitimacy of the Israeli settlements and that Israel should end the occupation that began in 1967. For years, the USA has stood by the side of Israel and on September 23, 2009, the USA “cursed” Israel and I believe that God will no longer bless the USA like he has in the past.

I want to reiterate, I’m NO SCHOLAR! I have no formal education on this topic. I don’t want the Secret Service or Tony Blair coming after me! SMILE

Let me get to the point.

I was discussing this with my Pastor last night and he asked me, “Aren’t you excited” and I had to say no. I’m not excited because of the millions of people that will go to hell because they have not accepted Jesus as their savior. I have close family members and close friends that do not know the Lord. It frightens me that we are living in a day that our generation most likely will experience the rapture and when that happens, I will not see those members of my family again. That is why the urgency! Now, more than ever should we be taking EVERY opportunity we can to witness to everyone we can, especially our family members who do not know the Lord.

God has put us on this earth, at this time in history not to sit by and be a bystander. Unfortunately, I have been that bystander. I’ve done nothing to grow the Kingdom of God. We should not be so heavenly minded that we are no earthly good. We are to keep our eyes fixed on Christ and share his love with others.

There is a young man that I was introduced to through a mutual friend on Facebook. His name is CJ Phipps. I don’t know him personally and only physically met him once. He’s currently in Argentina at the Word of Life Bible College. He’s writing a blog which I just love to read. After you finish reading mine, you can visit his at www.cjwol.blogspot.com. He’s a very talented young man, but most importantly, a very Christ driven individual. In his last blog titled “Gates of Hell”, he wrote the following words after trying to witness in a major city in Argentina:

“I was standing with one of my translators and he was telling me some of the things people around were saying. A group of girls walked by and yelled out, “I sin all the time and I don’t care.” Other remarks were made that I don’t want to repeat. But that hurt me. I was actually almost brought to tears because I have learned more of God’s grace and love in the past few weeks than I have in a while as I have drawn really close to Him. God loves those who spit on Him and deny His goodness every day. He loved me even when I did not love Him back. That made me yearn to bring these people to Christ even more.” -CJ Phipps

Thank you CJ for teaching an old dog some new tricks. These are feelings and the type of passion that I (we) should have with our lost families and friends. It should (and does for me) bring tears to my eyes when I think of all of the people that I know that are not saved. Simply put, they are on their way eternity, separated from God. Instead of feeling nervous about how they may react, it should “make me yearn to bring them to Christ even more!”

I’ll leave you with this thought. I know that it’s hard to witness to those you love and care for. For some, it’s hard to witness to anyone at all. But we have to! Simply share the Gospel through your words, your life and your walk. Find the passion for Christ. Be like CJ… “Yearn to bring as many as you can to Christ” before His return.

Do you feel the urgency??

3 comments:

  1. I'm with ya!! Why is it so hard to talk to our family about the Lord? Why, when we live it day to day and they see it? They know where we are on Sundays and Wednesdays. They know our love for Him. We need boldness, we need to get together and pray more for them and trust God to prepare them. Making it an urgent matter of prayer - then will get w/you to help move into action. YOU are loved young man! dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do feel the urgency more than ever before. As I recently sat visiting family, some relatives I had not seen in a half a decade, there was grief in my spirit. My thought was "these are some really good people but if they don't get right with God they are on their way to hell--and what am I doing about it." I am NOT doing enough.
    May God stir a new passion in each one of us and whatever else is needed to bring "the banished ones home" before it is too late.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second what Marie said. It truly is hard to talk to your family. I have only two brothers left in my immediate family and neither one of them are "remotely close" to the Lord. I pray that soon they will find a desire to at least learn even a touch of what God put them here for. Everyone worships in their own way, I totally understand that, but if you are worshipping in something that is doing you no good, you are simply wasting your time. Very good blog Mike, keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete