Monday, March 8, 2010

Romania

As you know, I have had a passion for Romania since my first trip in April of 2005 with my former church, Plaza Baptist Church. I returned to the church in Targu Mures with a team from Plaza in September, 2006 to construct a retaining wall to help secure the grounds at the church. Since then, my family has transitioned away from Plaza Baptist Church to Kings Way Baptist Church in Concord, NC, but my passion for Romania has not changed.

I’m sure you have heard me share the need of this church. I am excited for the opportunity that Kings Way has to minister in Romania and to participate in the completion of this church. As you can see from the picture, it has a long way to go.

About a year ago, the Pastor from Romania was here in North Carolina and I was able to introduce our Missions Pastor, Bobby Price, to him. Pastor Vasile Paul shared the need of his church in Romania in a way that touched the heart of Bobby and we were invited by Pastor Vasile to come to Romania see the need. Well, that time has come.

The main purpose for this trip is to set the stage for more teams from Kings Way and other local churches to visit this area in the future, and to assist with the financial and infrastructural needs that they have. As we all know, when more of God’s people are involved, more for His kingdom can be accomplished.

Our trip is planned for the end April. We will fly out of Charlotte on April 23, 2010 and return to Charlotte on May 3, 2010. The cost of the trip is approximately $2200.00. We will be landing in Bucharest Romania and traveling to Targu Mures and spending time in the church and villages in which Pastor Vasile is the pastor for. We then will travel back to Bucharest for ministry there and then travel back home.

Something that I learned in a recent Bible study is that lots of times, we say, “If you can’t give, then pray” like prayer should be a second thought. I’m going to break that trend and ask that the first thing you do is pray for this trip. Pray that lives will be changed and touched through this trip, even if it is our own. Pray that our hearts and eyes will be opened to the need there and that we will be sensitive to what the Lord will have us do. The second thing I will ask you to do, if you can, is to send financial support.

Honestly, I don’t have $2200.00 sitting in my bank account. I’m sure that you don’t either! However, I am asking that if the Lord moves you to support this trip, please do so. Any amount will help toward the cost of the trip. Like in the years past, any amount of money that is collected above the cost of this trip will be donated to the local church in Romania.

You may make out your tax deductable donation to Project 127 and mail to 5210 Moonlight Trail, Concord, NC 28025. Please add to the memo line of the check “Romania Trip for Mike Broom.”

Thank you in advance for your prayers and donations. I will especially covet your prayers as I embark on this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment