Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Simply Put

Hello Everyone. Writing has been a great release of emotion for me. With today being a “one month anniversary”, I thought I would post a comment or two.

I cannot express how thankful we are for all of the cards that we have received. My goodness!! I bet you we’ve received 30 cards or so! The outpour of support has been tremendous. Thank you sooo much!!

Honestly, it’s been a rough month. Seeing odd’s and inn’s of Dads, hearing quotes that he would have said, actually hearing his voice on some recordings that I have of him, just things and reminders of him send me into memories that I don’t want to forget, but emotions that I just don’t want to feel. I don’t want to feel sad every time I think of him. I want to smile, laugh and be joyful in his remembrance. I hope that makes sense. Simply put… I miss him.

Most of you know that I’ve had some health issues over the past couple of weeks. I had a detached retina in my left eye that does not want to heal. I’ve had a shot in my eye, a gas bubble placed inside of my eye, I’ve had to keep my head in the down position for 9 days, and laser surgery and still, my vision is not 100%. While going through this, my thoughts of Dad have been strong. All of you know that Dads left eye was a lazy eye and in that eye he only saw fuzzy images. All I could think about is how intrigued Dad would have been about my situation. He would have been asking all kinds of questions. “What do you see son?” “Is it like mine?” “Those streaks of light, do they go up and down, or side to side?” One question he would have ALWAYS asked; “Do you need anything son? Simply put… I miss him.

Mom is in the same arena we are all in. She, however, has to deal with the visual reminders of Pop on a daily basis. This has been very difficult for her. However, she is doing well. She is trying her best to be strong. I’ve told her it’s ok to cry if need be. She tells me that she’ll see things like his house coat, his wallet, his watch, and his clothes. She then, will have a “moment” as she puts it. Simply put… she misses him.

Tinker is back at work again. I think if he ever cut his finger, paint will come out instead of blood. He’s doing about the same as the rest of us. Working again brings back memories of Dad working with him. Simply put… he misses him.

Over the past several weeks, Jeff has been busy planning the up and coming Car Show that he’s been in charge of. Last year, it was a great success and this year’s will be even bigger. There will be a special time for just our family during this car show, and we are looking forward to it. Jeff, just as I, is having some the same type of emotions because Dad loved cars just like Jeff. Simply put… Jeff misses him.

We all miss him. Us, our wives, our kids; we all miss him. We all are dealing with the same emotions. We all have our “moments.” I said to my wife the other day that I was worried that I was trying to hold on to Dad, not Dad’s memory. How true this is. Please continue to pray for us as we let go of Dad, and hold on to his memory.

Yes. It’s been a month. And yes, it seems like yesterday. But you know how BEAUTIFUL yesterday was. It’s beautiful because he is in heaven.

Below is the video that was playing at Dads funeral. I added music to it. It's a great rememberance of his life.


No comments:

Post a Comment