Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"Will It Be Over Soon?"

On Wednesday, February 18, 2009, one day after Dad's 15th year anniversay of cancer survival, Dad presented some signs of having a stroke and was taken to the emergency room. The ER did a CAT scan and told us that he had a stroke and that the blood clot had ruptured and bled to the brain and caused some swelling. They did a MRI on Thursday and found that he had a Brain Tumor instead of a blood clot. The tumor is the size of a golf ball.

Dad, during this time, has been praying for the Lord to take him home. With tears in my eyes, I would lean over and hug my Dad as HE prayed “Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for saving my soul… I love you Jesus, Please Lord Jesus, take me home… I want to be in your presence Lord Jesus… Be with my family Lord Jesus…I love them all Lord Jesus.” Another one was “Lord Jesus, like the footprints in the sand, I know that you are carrying me, but please put me down and let me walk with you.” HOW PRECIOUS it was to hear this, but how emotional for us as family to hear him pray this.

Dad is ready to go home to heaven and he is close. With the advice of the Doctors, the family has decided that it is time to just keep him comfortable. Dad has said that he wants no more treatments. Palliative Care and Hospice will be coming in on Monday to help us manage the pain and to help us make Dad’s entrance into heaven more comfortable.

We do not know the timeframe. His Oncologist said to us, “I know that you are God fearing people, so if I were to try to give you a timeframe, God would make me look stupid.” However, I can tell you, it will not be long.

This morning, Dad had some severe pain. He looked me in the eye and asked me, “Will it be over soon?” and he was not talking about the pain.
Our prayer is that God’s will, is Dad’s will, and that He will allow Dad to enter into HIS presence now.
Thank you for praying and we ask that you continue to do so. Your prayers and words of encouragement sustain us.

No comments:

Post a Comment