Monday, February 23, 2009

"Is today going to be my day?

As I sit here looking at my Dad’s picture, reminiscing about the life this man has lived, I’m amazed at the Love that he has for his Lord and his family. Earlier today, Dad asks me, “Is today going to be my day?” I told him, I hope so. He said, to me that he was ready to be with his Lord. He then said, I love you and I love my Jesus. Also earlier today, he was being prayed for by his Pastor, Stephen Bounds, and after Pastor finished, Dad started to pray and he asked the Lord to be with Pastor!! I said to Stephen that I can only pray that I can have that kind faith when I am on my way to heaven!

God’s word in Col. 4:5 says “Live wisely among those who do not believe and make the “most of every opportunity.” Our Dad has done just that. Dad has given us a wonderful opportunity to witness his faith in the life that he has lived; and now, we are witnessing his testimony and faith in the way he is dying. Even in pain, he’s praising his Lord, praying for others, and making sure that we know that he loves us.

Today, the Palliative Doctor came in and we have officially started the process of ushering Dad into Heaven to be with his Lord and Savior. He is no longer being fed through his feeding tube and the medicines have been ordered to the level to keep him as comfortable as humanly possible. We are praying very hard that the Lord takes him home very soon. The Doctor said it’s very hard to tell us when the Lord will take him, however, in his experience, it could happen now, up to a week, but most likely, within three or four days. It was a very hard question to ask, and a very hard answer to listen to, but a question that needed to hear the answer to help prepare us as a family.

I cannot adequately express my gratitude for your support. On behalf of my family, we want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your prayers, letters of encouragement, phone calls, visits, and all that each of you have done.

Jeff, Tinker and I would also want to especially thank our wives and children for their support and love for us boys. I know that Kathy, Debbie, and Debbie have had to take on the added pressure of everyday life while we are here with our Dad. In my situation, My Debbie’s dad is also in the hospital, so she’s not only dealing with that, but taking care of the home and me and Brandon at the same time. Ladies, please know that we love you with all our being and we appreciate all that you have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment